Dr. William Daly
Position title: Managing Director / Co-Investigator
Phone: (608) 556-3081
5053 Wisconsin Institute for Medical Research
1111 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53703
Dr. William Daly serves as the Managing / Core Director of the Human MAP Center at UW-Madison and as a principal investigator on projects focused on neural developmental diseases and disorders. As Managing Director his role is to co-ordinate center activities, foster interactions between center projects and innovative technology cores, interact with internal and external key opinion leaders and identify new areas of research to expand center activities.
Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, National University of Ireland, Galway
B.S. Biomedical Engineering, National University of Ireland, Galway
1. Daly WT, Yao L, Zeugolis DI, Windebank AJ, Pandit AS. A biomaterials approach to peripheral nerve regeneration: Bridging the peripheral nerve gap and enhancing functional recovery. J R Soc Interface. 2012;9(67):202-21.
2. Daly WT, Knight AM, Wang H, De Boer R, Giusti G, Dadsetan M, Spinner RJ, Yaszemski MJ, Windebank AJ. Comparison and characterization of multiple biomaterial conduits for peripheral nerve repair. Biomaterials. 2013;34(34):8630-9.
3. Daly WT, Yao L, Abu-Rub MT, O’Connell C, Zeugolis DI, Windebank AJ, Pandit AS. The effect of intraluminal contact mediated guidance signals on axonal mismatch during peripheral nerve repair. Biomaterials. 2012;33(28):6660-71.
4. Yao L, Daly WT, Newland B, Yao S, Wang W, Chen BK, Madigan N, Windebank A, Pandit A. Improved axonal regeneration of transected spinal cord mediated by multichannel collagen conduits functionalized with neurotrophin-3 gene. Gene Ther. 2013;20(12):1149-57.
5. Yao L., Yao S., Daly WT. Hendry W., Windebank AJ., and Pandit AS. Non-viral gene therapy for spinal cord regeneration. Drug Discov Today 2012; 17(18):998-1005